Position title: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Organization, advertising financial development and social progress throughout the continent. You will find 81 user states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the monetary and tech support team for transformative jobs that may notably reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable growth that is economic. To be able to sharply concentrate the objectives associated with the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental effect, five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our distribution for Africa, have now been identified for scaling up, specifically light and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and enhance the total well being for anyone of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic way to the African developing Bank Group. It really is made up of Executive Directors who’re representatives of this African developing Bank user countries. Especially the Board accounts for the conduct for the basic operations of this Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the overall framework for the Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and just simply just take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity opportunities and investment loans because of the financial institution; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and administrative budget; (5) prepare the job of this Board of Governors; and (6) submit records and yearly reports, plus the administrative budgets for the approval regarding the Board of Governors. The Board does its sort out a number of permanent Committees that review and reveal policy and system documents and also make appropriate tips to your entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation device (BCRM); Secretariat into the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching mission regarding the African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) will be boost the development effectiveness associated with the Bank with its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation processes and items, and proactive engagement in assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV is always to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate classes, develop and harmonize criteria and techniques, help assessment ability development as well as partner agencies and attest to your credibility of both procedures in addition to results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and multilateral development agencies’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint evaluation of co-financed tasks and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions give attention to undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the data Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, is in charge of knowledge management, dissemination and outreach tasks around IDEV evaluations, as well as giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities in both the lender as well as in its Regional Member nations.
The key goal of this Knowledge Management Officer position is always to provide support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the entire assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting knowledge that is evaluative methods which are helpful for fulfilling various knowledge requirements.
Duties and duties
Underneath the guidance and supervision of this Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely utilizing the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment groups from the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement techniques;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and teams through the assessment procedure to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information in many ways which can be tuned in to consumers’ needs;
- Identify appropriate types of assessment knowledge along with other extract and information, compile, analyse and provide this to be used within the preparation of evaluation reports, presentations, along with other knowledge and communication services and products;
- Support assessment, knowledge administration and dissemination activities (such as for instance conferences, missions, occasions) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates during these tasks as required;
- Identify and contact interior and sources that are outside other stakeholders to find needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and continue maintaining back ground information and documents on appropriate dilemmas, developing associated databases and information systems and updating them correctly;
- Make certain that an exact audit path is maintained of all of the stakeholder engagement and therefore all connections and tasks are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy review, or field that is related.
- At the least four (4) years experience that is in development companies.
- Comprehension of assessment procedures
- Capacity to retrieve, package and information that is present to your needs regarding the client/audience
- Power to communicate efficiently orally plus in composing
- Knowledge or experience doing work in knowledge management or interaction
- Experience with participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge about outreach activities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Focus on information.
- Demonstrable power to work collaboratively as an expert, strong team player with a respect for other individuals as well as the ethical needs for the task.
- Capacity to communicate efficiently (written and dental) in English or www.online-loan.org/payday-loans-va French, ideally with a working familiarity with the other. Proficiency in both English and French could be desirable.
- Competence within the utilization of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power aim); familiarity with integrated document management system and/or online interaction networks is an advantage that is added.